Top Ten Tuesday: Our Fall 2013 To-Be-Read List

Posted by Unknown on Tuesday, September 17, 2013. Filed under:

This week's Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, is books on our fall to-be-read list. Lots of these are new releases - others are just books we're hoping to get around to!




Allegiant by Veronica Roth
Starting off with the most obvious: I can't wait for Allegiant! I gobbled up Insurgent the day it came out so it feels like I've been waiting for this one for-ev-er. 




The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon
The Bone Season has been getting so much great buzz that I decided I had to check it out. It should come up on the library hold list for me in the next few weeks!




The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black
The last book I read that John Green recommended was pretty disappointing, so I'm a little on the fence about this one. I love the premise, though, so I'm thinking it'll be a great Halloween-time read.




The Lion Seeker by Kenneth Bonert
The Lion Seeker comes out next month and is being touted by a great book club pick - so I'm hoping to plow through my ARC and see if it's worth recommending to my book club!




The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion
This is another we feel we've been waiting forever for. Unlike some books, this one is on all of our to-read lists. And we have it preordered, which rarely happens. Just about two weeks to go!




Fortunately, the Milk by Neil Gaiman
I've been kicking myself since BEA for not staying and getting a copy of this. I need to get my hands on a copy to check out, because it sounds fantastic.




Want Not by Jonathan Miles
This novel is based on the idea of waste - and opens with Thanksgiving day. It seems like the perfect read going into the holiday season.




White Bread: A Social History of the Store-Bought Loaf by Aaron Bobrow-Stain
This is the only book on the list that's not a recent release, but I swear I'm going to read it this fall. I love social histories of food and snapped this one up as quickly as I could, but it's sat on my shelf for more than a year. It needs to get read, because I'm sure I'll love it.



The Whole Golden World by Kristina Riggle
We picked up this one at BEA. I'm not sure if I would have picked it out otherwise, but now that I have it I'm excited to dig in. It sounds great.



Men We Reaped by Jesmyn Ward
This is a memoir of poverty and the issues that come with it. I feel like a lot of memoirs about poverty that receive a lot of attention are set outside the US - and this one is set in Mississippi, so I'm interested to see how it compares.


What are you looking forward to reading this fall?

4 Responses to Top Ten Tuesday: Our Fall 2013 To-Be-Read List

  1. Book Lover Recommends

    Can't wait to read Allegiant either! Hope you enjoy all the books :)
    Thanks for visiting my blog!

  2. fishgirl182

    These are some really great picks. I want Fortunately the Milk. It looks really good and love Neil Gaiman. I actually have a copy of the Coldest Girl in Coldtown that I need to get to. It looks so good. Happy fall reading!

  3. Anonymous

    I would like to find more out about The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon . I keep seeing it every where!

  4. yaescapefromreality

    Allegiant...how will it all end??? Cannot wait for that book. The Bone Season was excellent, it definitely lived up to the hype. And I loved Coldest Girl in Coldtown so I hope you end up enjoying it. Thanks for stopping by! ~Pam

Leave a Reply